Monday, April 06, 2015

Happy Easter Weekend.

Happy Easter everyone!!
I hope that you have had a blessed weekend.  This has to be one of my favourite times of year. Celebrating my Saviour's resurrection and the fact that I have been redeemed!!!

I was also busy baking this weekend.
I made some Paska (Easter Bread) - something that my Grandma used to make every year.  So it brought back a lot of memories.



It's the tradition to have icing & sprinkles on top!



And yes, it was quickly devoured!!


I also made this fun little cake for our family gathering.  The inside layers were filled with a homemade custard. Yummy.  Everyone loved it. But it was on the sweet side.










I also wanted to share some easter crafts with you. I realize that Easter is over but hopefully this will give you some inspiration for next year!
I made these little projects using my Silhouette CAMEO.


eastercard&boxes | Cari Locken for Silhouette copy
I made this pop-up card with lots of fun details and 2 fun shaped pillow boxes to hold some yummy Easter treats!
First off, let's take a look at the pillow boxes.
I found these cute designs in the Silhouette America online store. I simply cut out the shapes for the design in various pieces of coloured card stock and adhered them together onto the pillow box.
Here's a look at the bunny pillow box ....
bunnyclose|Cari Locken for Silhouette
bunnypillowbox|Cari Locken for Silhouette
Here's a look at the duck pillow box ...
duckclose|Cari Locken for Silhouette
duckpillowbox|Cari Locken for Silhouette
And how could we forget their cute BE-hinds!!
behindpillowbox|Cari Locken for SIlhouette
You will notice that I did adhere some of the pieces with foam squares - just for some added dimension & visual interest.
Then I found this fabulous card (one of many amazing designs that you can find in the online store)!
eastercard|Cari Locken for Silhouette
I wanted to keep the colours subtle but still bright & cheerful!  I knew I wanted to have some sparkly eggs so I cut out the egg shapes from some card stock & Double-Sided Adhesive Sticker paper. I then began adhering the Double-sided Adhesive Sticker pieces (eggs) to the card stock making sure to layer them one on top of each other.
First peel off the yellow paper.
1adhesivesheet|Cari Locken for Silhouette
Then place this onto the card stock.  (the white side will be on top).  Then peel that white sheet off and you'll be left with the sticker clear piece.
2adhesivesheet|Cari Locken for SIlhouette
Repeat this process until all of the eggs have been adhered to the card stock.
3adhesivesheet|Cari Locken for Silhouette
I then sprinkled some Silhouette Glitter over the sticker eggs.  I first sprinkled some blue glitter, then little bits of copper (I was going for the speckled blue egg look). I then sprinkled a bit more blue glitter to cover up any missing spots.
glitter|Cari Locken for Silhouette
The bunny I cut out of grey card stock, Double Sided Adhesive paper and then covered with some grey Flocking Powder.  I wanted the bunny to look soft.
felt|Cari Locken for Silhouette
The basket layer I cut from some kraft coloured Adhesive Corrugated Paper.
basketclose|Cari Locken for Silhouette
close1|Cari Locken for Silhouette
I love how the title pops up too!  This is definitely a fun card to create.  There's a variety of them to choose from too.  Have fun creating!!!
cardtitle|Cari Locken for Silhouette

Hope you have a wonderful week!!!

1 comment: